Friday, October 17, 2008

Spring Bird & Rose Border Thank You Cards

Good Morning and TGIF!!! I'm so excited the weekend is almost here. I live for the weekends, but who doesn't right...LOL?!? We are taking our girls apple picking tomorrow and will also be picking out our pumpkins to carve. I can't wait to watch our girls pick their own apples for the first time, drink a cup of hot apple cider as we walk through the orchard, and of course take tons of pictures. I was in need of a couple QUICK thank you cards, so I sat down last night and made these. Both cards are made with Bazzill Peach Glow cardstock, Bazzill Patina cardstock, and patterned paper from the Crate Blue Hill Collection. I colored in the images with Copic markers (I own a total of 9 Copic markers...LOL). For the first card I used the Spring Bird stamp from Whipper Snapper. It's hard to see in the photo (you can click on the photo for a larger view), but I added some Crystal Stickles to the flower and the bird's feathers; very sparkly. The "thanks" sentiment is from the Posie Doodle set by Stampendous. To finish the card off, I added some satin ribbon that I picked up from Michael's. For the second card I used Rose Border set by Rubber Soul. This set is probably the prettiest and most versatile set that I own. The set comes with 8 different sentiments that fit inside the main image and who doesn't love roses?!? The link to this set on the Rubber Soul website does not show a picture, so I have posted a picture of the set for you here. To finish this card off, I added a couple of prima flowers and a little silver "bling". Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

0 comments: