Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Rubber Cafe DT Challenge

Good Morning!!! Today I have another card to show you using the Party Hearts stamp from The Rubber Cafe. The Rubber Cafe Design Team was issued a challenge to make a card using the following criteria:

-- Colors: Teal Greens, Blue, and Whites
-- Must have at least one patterned paper
-- Use pop dots (card must be dimensional)
-- Use something recycled (metal, plastic, paper, etc.)

The Party Hearts stamp actually has three hearts (you can see the whole stamp here), but for this card I only used the center heart. I stamped the image eight times with Palette Noir ink and then colored in all of the center hearts with a Copic Marker. I then cut out all of the hearts and arranged them to make the flower. The top four hearts are popped up with dimensionals. I added Crystal Stickles to the center of the hearts and a little rhinestone to the center of the flower. The card base is Tempting Turquoise and the patterned paper is the retired SU! designer paper, Petals and Paisley. The white layer of cardstock is embossed with the Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder. The ribbon is Mary Arts and my "recycled" part; a metal "love" tag from my stash. Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!