Friday, November 14, 2008

Sweet Holiday Wishes

Good Morning and TGIF!!! I'm so excited to show you what I made the other night. I was at Wal-Mart the other day on my lunch break and I came across Martha Stewart's Frosty Gingerbread paper pad. One of the patterns in the paper pad is this red, green, and pink candy paper. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to do something with the peppermint and spearmint Star Brites mints. I used a Clearly Creative Card Box from PAPERTREYink to hold the mints. The image and sentiment is from the Stamp a Sweet Impression set, Season's Sweetings and I colored the image in with Prismacolor and Copic Markers. I used my Sakura Quickie Glue Pen on the garland of the tree and added some Fire Engine Red Glitter from the Christmas Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions. The star, ornaments, tree base, and cupcake liner are covered with Crystal Stickles (you can click on the the individual pictures for a better view of all the glitter) and I added some red rhinestones to the cupcake and sentiment. I used some red and green Bazzill cardstock that I had in my stash (don't know the exact names) along with some Regal Rose. The green cardstock was punched with my Fiskars Threading Water Punch and the red and white polka dot ribbon is also from Taylored Expressions. I was so happy with the way the mint box turned out, that I decided to make a matching card too. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all have a wonderful day and an even better weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous

I bought these boxes from Papertrey too! - and I haven't done anything with them. Thanks for the inspiration; the paper and the mints are PERFECT together!!