Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whachadoin' Wednesday & SUINK Sneak Peeks

Good Morning! It's Wednesday, which means it time for another WHACHADOIN' WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE at Storage Units, Ink & More. This week's challenge is to make a card using RED, WHITE, & BLACK. You can use any theme you wish, but no other colors can be used. You can, however, choose your shade of red. So, do you want to play along? If so, check out THIS post for more information. If you upload your creation to SCS, remember to use keyword SUINKWWC25.

I have to say that using just red, white, and black was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But, that's why they call it a challenge, right?!? The envelope and mailbox are from the WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE set by Storage Units, Ink & More. And, I have to admit that I cheated just a little bit (shhhh). I used my C-1 Copic Marker to highlight the images. I colored the hearts in with a Copic Marker and (even though it's really hard to see in the photo) I added StarDust Stickles to both images. I used Choice Snow White cardstock, Prism Papers Classic Red, and the some black and white Doodlebug patterned paper that I had in my stash. The red and black sheer polka dot ribbon is from Michael's and I added some red rhinestones to the bottom. Don't forget to check out the Storage Units, Ink & More BLOG for more cards for today's challenge.





Today is also the start of SNEAK PEEKS for the two newest releases from Storage Units, Ink & More. The two new sets are called GOIN' TO THE CHAPEL and BLARNEY STONE and they will be available starting February 1st. The sneak peek schedule is as follows:

Today, January 28th
Mary Jo - Technostamper
Janna - Stamps, Paper, and Glitter--Oh My!
Suzanne - Scrap Bitz

January 29th
Tori - Wild Sprinkles
Carolina - Carolina's Creative Pad
Alex - Fairy Blossoms

January 30th
Kristen - Scrap-Creations
Amber - So many colors, so little time

January 31st
ME!

Colleen - Glitter Ink!
Leigh - Sunflower Studio

So, head on over to Mary Jo, Janna, and Suzanne's blogs to get your first sneak peek of February's sets; you are going to LOVE THEM!!! Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Unknown

Great card for the red/black/white challenge-- I almost used those same images! Love the glittery stickles on there!

Michelle

I love those colors together and have never participated in one of these challenges - will do this tonight! :) Love your images on this, Laura!

i'm with the band

Super cute, Laura!

Colleen Wold

What a great card! I love the layout and that paper is cool! I love the ribbon you added as well. You rocked this challenge!

Janna

Laura, this is absolutely perfect!!! I think you did a great job and I never would have known you cheated! You are just amazing!! I love the rounded corners on the card! I really need to try this!

Smiles,
janna

Kristen

Laura,
Great card. the paper you chose is perfect. Love, Love it! Great job with the challenge!