Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blog Candy Winner & Will You?

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday! First things first this morning; the BLOG CANDY WINNER!!! Thank you to everyone who stopped by to enter. As promised, I have randomly choosen a winner using THIS website. The lucky winner is:

#11 - Rita

Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

Rita had this to say: Cute stamp set, I luv it! I would like to decorate & organize everything in my craft room. It will be a slow process, but I hope to finish it by 2010!

Rita, please email me (link below my profile) with your full name and address.

Now, onto today's card. I used last Wednesday's Sketch Challenge on SCS for my layout. These ADORABLE kids are from the set WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE by Storage Units, Ink & More. These images were so much fun to color in. I used a combination of Prismacolor Markers and Copic Markers and paper pieced the girl's dress. I also added some StarDust Stickles to the heart, the hair bow, and flowers. The cardstock colors are Whisper White, Pink Passion, and the red texture cardstock is by Core'dinations. The Valentine patterned paper I used is from the Target $1 Spot. I just love how you get 12 pieces of paper (some of the paper has glitter on it) for only a buck; WOO HOO!!! To finish the card off, I added three Baby Pink Candy Dots. Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a GREAT day!

10 comments:

Tina

Super duper cute!

Rita

This card is so adorable!

Thank you so much Laura...I can't believe I won! You just made my day!!!

I luv your blog & have had you on my Google Reader for almost a year now. Even though I don't always comment I do read your posts daily. I have 93 blogs on my reader so its difficult to comment on all of them. Thanks again, hugs Rita!

Michelle

Um....there is a Target right outside my subdivision...and I go there at least twice a week - can't believe I never noticed paper in the $1 Spot! Guess where I'm going today? LOL Love this card - nice and clean - and love the accents on the girl's heart and bow!

Michelle

PS - I got my order from A Cherry On Top yesterday...with that great APPLE DP you used to make those teacher cards; can't wait to get through some challenge cards this week and get to using that this weekend!!

i'm with the band

I love it, great job!

Unknown

This is such a cute card Laura--- I LOVE the candy dots-- those are my favorite new "toy" on my cards too!

MJ

How cute, love the paper pieced dress that matches the background, great card.

Janna

This is so cutea nd I love the paper piecing!! THe dollar spot is my favorite place in the whole world, I am definitely stopping by soon! Great job on this card!

Smiles,
janna

Rina

Aloha Laura,

I love the vibrant colors you used on this WWC. Very nice card. I can't wait till Target opens up here in Hawaii. Should be real soon. We often visit Las Vegas and that's where I usually get my Target "Fix" (lol).

Again, great job on your job.

God Bless~

Rina

OOPS...I meant to type...Great job on your card =)