Monday, January 26, 2009

LSC204 - Paint it Black

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was very productive. I had a lot of catching up to do from being sick last week. I made today's card for Friday's Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use a black card base, so your images, colors, and papers POP! I decided to reach for one of my favorite colors from the BOLD BRIGHTS family, Pink Passion; a perfect color for Valentine's Day. I pulled out my WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE set from Storage Units, Ink & More. I love this heart image from the set. I stamped the image numerous times using Pink Passion and Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then, I added StarDust Stickles around the outside of all the hearts. It's hard to see in the photo, but it's very sparkly IRL. The Pink Passion layer is embossed with the Cuttlebug d'vine Swirl embossing folder and the black and white ribbon is from Taylored Expressions. That's it for today. We are nearing month end here at work, so I have LOTS to do. I will see you back here tomorrow and I hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

Tina

Very pretty, love the contrast.

Michelle

Ohhh LOVING the black! This is striking - absolutely LOVE THIS!!

Tracy.H

Very pretty. I have a stamp similar to this one...what a great background! :0)

Unknown

Beautiful combination!! Love the colors and repeating hearts!

Janna

Laura this is so great!! I love pink and black together and how creative to kind of make your own DP!! The layout and the embellishmets are just perfect!! A stunning creation!

Smiles,
janna

Kristen

love, love, love this! I am going to give this card a shot!.thanks fir the inspiation!