Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SUINKWWC23 - Valentine Treat Holder

Good Morning! It's time again for another Whachadoin' Wednesday Challenge over at Storage Units, Ink & More. This week's challenge is to make a Valentine Treat Holder. You can check out THIS post for more information on how to play along. Please use the keyword SUINKWWC23 when uploaded to Splitcoast Stampers.

For this week's challenge, I decided to make my VERY FIRST Coaster Gift Box. I've been wanting to attempt one of these for while now and this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to do so. I used medium weight coasters for my box which I purchased from Eclectic Paperie. The patterned paper I used to cover the coasters is called Hand-Dipped and it's from the BasicGrey Bittersweet Collection. I used Pretty in Pink and Purely Pomegranate cardstock and ribbon to match. The heart shaped chocolate box image is from the SWEET THINGS set. I colored it in with Copic Markers, added Crystal Stickles to the ribbon and bow, and used my white gel on the chocolates. Of course I had to fill the box with chocolates (LOL), so I used some Hershey Nuggets that I had on hand. I stamped white address labels with the swirl looking heart from the WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE set and I used both Pretty in Pink and Purely Pomegranate ink to match the cardstock and ribbon. The "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment is also from the WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE set. To finish the box off, I added some white tissue paper that was left over from Christmas...LOL! So, why not join us this week and make your own Valentine Treat Holder and don't forget to check out more Valentine Treat Holders on the SUINK Blog. Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

10 comments:

Michelle

NO WAY! That is sooo cute - and how hard was that?? How long did that take you to make...seriously? That's fantastic - what an adorable little gift! And I still love the glittery candy too!

Rita

Awe this is adorable!!!

Unknown

Super cute coaster box... I always love those!! They just take FOREVER to do!! Great job on the challenge!

Colleen Wold

One word: FABULOUS!!!

MJ

Great project. Love the matching nuggets, super job on the challenge!

Janna

This is just adorable! And I love how you decorated the chocolates!! What a wonderful idea!! I know anyone would love to receive this gift!

Smiles,
janna

Kristen

Laura,
You did a wonderful job on your treat box. It is so cute. LOVE IT!

Anonymous

This is adorable. It would make a great teacher's gift for Valentine's day. I have made the coaster boxes before and put pictures on the outside to decorate them. They turned out really cute. TFS
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

i'm with the band

This is so cute, you are amazing!

You've been TAGGED, check my blog. =)

Mandy

Wow! That is gorgeous!!