Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SUINKWWC27 - Monochromatic Card

Good Morning! I hope everyone is having a good week so far. It's Wednesday, which means it time for another WHACHADOIN' WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE at Storage Units, Ink & More. This week's challenge is to make a Monochromatic Card. It doesn't matter what color you use, as long as it's only one. You can add black or white if needed. So, do you want to play along? If so, check out THIS post for more information. If you upload your creation to SCS, remember to use keyword SUINKWWC27.

For this week's challenge, I used my SUINK set; BLARNEY STONE. Since I chose to use the color green, this beer image was perfect. It's been years since I've had a green beer...LOL! I used SC214 from last week for my layout. The cardstock colors are Glorious Green and Green Galore and I used some shamrock patterned paper I had in my stash. I colored the image in with a Prismacolor Marker and added some Starfire Glitter. The polka dot shamrocks and the sentiment are stamped are stamped in Green Galore ink and I added some StarDust Stickles to the shamrock in the sentiment. I had the shamrock ribbon from a swap I was in a while back and thought it went perfect with the card. Don't forget to head on over to the Storage Units, Ink & More Blog to see more monochromatic cards from the other design team members. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Janna

Laura this is awesome!!! I love the patterned paper and the shamrock ribbon!! You did such a great job with the layout too! That beer looks awfully good!

Smiles,
janna

Michelle

How hard is that to go all one color? I could never do it - LOL I finally bought some St. Paddy's Day paper today. I love your little ribbons there too - so cute!

Suzanne J Dean

So fun--love all the green patterns on this card! Great job on the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne