Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun-Frilled DT & School Valentine's

Good Morning and Happy Thursday! I can't believe how fast this week is flying by; YAY!!! I have a couple of things to share with you today. First, my friend Michelle has started a new website. It is called FUN-FRILLED and I'm one of the inaugural Design Team Members. Each week there will be a new theme and each day a different designer will post a card or project with their interpretation of that week's theme. There are seven of us on the design team; one for each day of the week. I have linked all of these talented ladies on my side bar, if you would like to head on over and check out their blogs. My day of the week is going to be Friday. So, each Friday I will have a card or project posted on the Fun-Frilled website to go along with that week's theme. Posts will start on Monday, February 16th.

I made these Valentine's for my oldest Daughter to give out to her friends at school tomorrow. I used two different cuppies from the SASI; Love is Sweet set. The cardstock and ribbon are from the Valentine Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions. I colored the images in with Copic Markers and used a silver pen for the bow on the cupid cuppie and on the pencil of the other cuppie. I added StarDust Stickles to the images and a Red Candy Dot to each of the cuppie's cherries. The three red hearts are also from the Love is Sweet set and I stamped them using Real Red ink. The size of the Valentine's are 3 1/4 x 3 1/4.




The Valentine's just weren't complete without a little candy...LOL! So, I used my craft knife to cut a couple of slits in the cardstock and added a Jolly Ranger heart shaped sucker to each of them.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a GREAT day!

4 comments:

Michelle

CUTE little Valentine's - homemade is definitely the way to go....you put a lot of work in to these little cuties!

Janna

Laura! Congratulations!! That is so wonderful! Wow, can't wait to check out the new blog! I love me some challenges!

What great valentines! Wow, I can't believe you made all of those and to make them sucker holders is just too, too perfect!! Great job!

Smiles,
janna

morgainegeiser

Congrats. On the design team, wanted to stop and say hi - I am Madcapfrenzy's mom, I also am a card maker. Have fun, I will be checking out your stuff on the new site soon.

Carolina

Congrats on the new DT and blog which by the way looks amazing!

Wonderful valentines and treat holders!