Thursday, January 14, 2010

Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Blog Hop

Welcome to the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Blog Hop! As a Key Ingredients subscriber, I am thrilled to be participating in today's hop. I love receiving my Key Ingredients in the mail every month and since each month's kit is different, it's really fun anticipating its arrival. I decided to become a KI subscriber for a few different reasons. All of the coordinating supplies take the guesswork out of creating cards. All I have to do is decide what stamp set I want to use. Also, the products that Taylor uses are wonderful. The Prism cardstock has become one of my favorite cardstocks to use and I love how the embellishments vary month to month. It's also nice to be able to place an order every month (to be shipped with my Key Ingredients) that includes a 10% discount and free shipping.

Taylored Expressions also has some exciting announcements today:

~ BRAND NEW KEY INGREDIENTS WEBSITE -- http://www.thekeyingredients.blogspot.com/

~ LIMITED TIME SUBSCRIPTION SPECIAL -- Purchase (or renew) a 6 month subscription on or before January 17th and receive a FREE Key Ingredients kit upon the completion of your 6 month subscription. This kit (a $23.95 value including shipping) will be an exclusive kit that will never be available in the TE Store!

~ BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE -- Increased shipping costs on both our shipments to you and the products we receive from manufacturers have forced us to increase the cost of our subscription. Prices will increase as of January 18th, to $23.95 per month for 6 month subscriptions and $25.95 per month for 3 month subscriptions. However, if you subscribe or renew by January 17th you’ll receive the current pricing of $21.95 per month for 6 months or $22.95 per month for 3 months. You can renew your subscription no matter how many months you have remaining on your current subscription. Your renewal will simply add 3 or 6 additional months. Remember you only get the FREE EXCLUSIVE KI with the 6 month option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor's Key Ingredient's challenge this month is to incorporate food into our creations (use food images, create recipe cards, etc. etc.). When I first saw January's Key Ingredients, two of Taylor's sets immediately popped into my mind (both food related); For the Love of Cupcakes and Berries & Cherries. I created two cards for today's hop showing some of the products included in January's Key Ingredients.

For my first card, I used one of the "Happy Birthday Cupcake!" sentiment and one of the cupcakes and cupcake stands from the For the Love of Cupcakes set. I colored the images in with Copic Markers and paper pieced the cupcake liner. Then, I added a button (from January's Key Ingredients), light pink rhinestones, and Stardust Stickles. I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder on the dark brown cardstock and then sponged the dots with white ink. To finish off the card, I added adhered on of the crocheted flowers and button from the Key Ingredients.


For my second card, I used the "thank you berry much" sentiment and chocolate covered strawberry image from the Berries & Cherries set. I colored image with Copic Markers and a different piece of patterned paper and ribbon from the January's Key Ingredients.


You don't want to miss all of the yummy eye candy the following talented ladies have in store for you today:

Candace Mitchell
Charmaine Ikach
Donna Baker
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Kathie Bailey
Lisa Hjulberg
Lynn Mercurio
Melissa Sauls
Randi Barrett
Sunghee Chon
and of course, Taylor VanBruggen

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

Anonymous

Very cute !

Lisa Hjulberg

Oh Laura, these are both so cute!!! And I love your blog... lots of good things to see here.

sunghee

Lovely cards! I love how you added little touches like gems on the cupcakes. Brilliant! And great job on ribbon tying!

Lynn Mercurio

Adorable Laura...two fantastically created designs!

Natalie

Ahhh! Super cute cards!!

Jodi Collins

Oh! These are both STUNNING Laura!! FAB layouts and design! LOVE both of these!!!

Melissa Sauls

Oooh absolutely love what you did here!! Love all your little details...especially the rhinestones on the cupcake...YUM!!

Donna Baker

ooh, your cards are so yummy! so glad you played along with us!

Karen Giron

These are delish!! Loving the button on the cupcake and all that glorious chocolate on the strawberry! Fabulous cards!!!

The Spotted Chick

Oooooh Laura, that strawberry looks so yummy I'm starting to get hungy. Love the paper and layout. AWESOME cards!!

Michelle

2 cards!? You're spoiling us, girl! So nice to see you for more than once in a blue moon!! I love this paper....the Nook & Pantry line from BasicGrey...the fun fruits and sweets and just fantastic. Love all that bright green you've got on that second card - really pretty. Have a great weekend!

Charmaine (CharmWarm)

Laura, these are ADORABLE! I just LOVE your cards. . .beautiful work!